Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Most Repurchased Skincare Products

No matter how much I love a product, I usually love trying new products more. So it's extremely rare that I actually repurchase a product. When I do though, I think it says something about the product. I don't really like to throw around the term 'holy grail' with makeup and skincare, because I think preferences can change way too easily, but if I were to call any skincare products my 'holy grails,' it would be these four:

The Shea Moisture Shave Honey & Black Seed Skin Healing Elixir is the first product I reach for after shaving. It's so easy to apply, as all I have to do is spray it over my legs before I go in with lotion. And I swear. I don't get razor burn anymore. Even if I do a sloppy shave job, I just don't get razor burn if I spray some of this magic juice on afterward. Yes, it stings a little, but it works, so I'll let it slide. 

This stuff. The Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads do exactly what the name implies. Salicylic acid doesn't really work for my acne, but 10% glycolic acid sure does. I like to use this all over my face, and it also helps with occasional body breakouts as well. Plus it smells like peach bellini. And I'm a sucker for peach. 

Okay. So as I kind of mentioned above, my body is prone to breakouts. And while the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser is way too harsh for my face, this cleanser really helps keep the bacne at bay. Seriously, I basically don't break out at all anymore since I started using this stuff everyday. I will never not have a bottle of this in my shower. 

The Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 is quite possibly my most surprising repurchase. I never expected to fall in love with a moisturizer, mostly because I thought my oily, acne-prone skin was too sensitive to ever jive completely with any product on the market. But this stuff thoroughly moisturizes my face, doesn't make me prematurely oily, doesn't make me break out, is a really great base for makeup (I use powder foundation), and has SPF to boot. 

So while I might still try different products in other areas of my skincare routine, I'm done searching for replacements for these four items. What are some staples in your skincare routine? 

6 comments:

  1. I constantly repurchase the following products:

    Dickinson Witch Hazel toner
    St. Ives Apricot Scrub
    Avalon Organics Vitamin C gel cleanser
    Chagrin Valley Honey, Beer and Egg solid shampoo

    If I could afford it, I would buy multiple tubes of Pangea Organics Turkish Rose eye cream because it's luxurious and gorgeous. I don't repurchase this as often because it's $55 per tube. Eek. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love St. Ives scrubs! I recently tried the oatmeal and green tea ones and I actually like them better than the apricot one, which I used off and on for years :O Have you tried them?

      Delete
  2. My most repurchased would also be St. Ives Apricot Scrub. My skin loves it! Also, Olay's Total Effects Moisturizer and Serum Duo works well on my skin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your products if you want better result try Forest essential products

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing such a good source with all,Good luck!


    Best Lip Liner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and clear is surely one product that we all repurchase. Rest few things in the blog are new to me, may be they are not available in my country..

    ReplyDelete