Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Viseart Paris Nude Palette Review+Swatches

I finally got my hands on a couple of the Viseart palettes, and am excited to review them. They retail for $80 and have very basic plastic packaging. After hearing about the lackluster packaging, I have to say I'm actually totally OK with it-- they're like MAC palettes but without the magnetic closure. And while $80 does seem steep for an eyeshadow palette, when you factor in the price per shadow and the quality, the cost is relatively reasonable ($6.67/shadow). 

First up is Paris Nude. This palette has 12 shadows, all with a satin or shimmer finish, and a range of shades from a pearlescent white to a fun indigo.  
What I do love about the color selection is that there are muted purples, greens, a taupe-y gunmetal, and a blue in addition to the classic beige/browns. It really is a great way to work in a little color while still maintaining a neutral eye look.
Top Row

Middle Row

Bottom Row

I had heard that these shadows are some of the most blendable on the market. And I must say that I was not disappointed with their usability. They are such a breeze to blend and look beautiful on the lid. HOWEVER, I was a little let down by the pigmentation on the lid. Don't get me wrong; they swatch amazingly. It's just that they need to be applied either over a white base, or wet and with a concealer-type flat shader brush to have comparable pigmentation on the lids. Fluffy shaders or blending brushes only deliver a sheer wash of color. 

Honestly, if I had known how they apply on the lid, I might have skipped this particular palette. But, I do love the looks that can be created nonetheless. What is especially nice, is that even though there are no matte shades (these palettes are made to be used in conjunction with other palettes), full eye looks that don't appear to be overly shimmery can still be created using just this palette. 

So if you already have similar shades, you may want to skip this one. But if you're an eyeshadow junkie and/or are after some insanely blendable shadows, you may want to check this one out. 

I'll have a review on the Sultry Muse palette coming soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Viseart Paris Nude Palette is really good. I have tried all the shades of this kit and all looked very nice whenever i applied on me.

    ReplyDelete