Monday, June 1, 2015

Orange Lipstick

I've been pretty terrible at keeping up with the blog as of late. I recently started grad school, so my schedule got a little flooded as I had to adjust. I'm hoping to restart a sort of schedule here, so no more month-long breaks! But enough with the excuses, on to the lipstick!

I, like many of you I'm sure, get a little orange-lipstick crazy when the warmer weather starts rolling in. So I thought I'd share my eight go-to's, and please LMK in the comments what your favorite orange lipsticks are. (You can never have too many, right?)

Left to right: Milani Moisture Matte Lipstick in Matte Passion, Hourglass Femme Rouge Lipstick in Muse, Topshop Beauty Lipstick in Falling Fast, Maybelline The Vivids Lipstick in Vibrant Mandarin, Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in Coral Dahlia, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Vegas Volt, Topshop Beauty Lipstick in Infrared, Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 12
Milani Moisture Matte Lipstick in Matte Passion
Let's go ahead and start with my potential favorite of the bunch-- Milani Matte Passion. As the name implies, this is a matte formula (and totally comfortable). This shade is an opaque, red-toned orange, and is absolutely stunning. 

Hourglass Femme Rouge Lipstick in Muse
Next is Hourglass's Muse. This shade is sheer but buildable. (It's looking more on the sheer side in this pic because I have a layer of balm on underneath.) If you're looking for pigmentation, it's not here, but this true coral is super comfortable on the lips. 

Topshop Beauty Lipstick in Falling Fast
For a coral that leans more pink (with a hint of shimmer!), Topshop's Falling Fast is your lippy. Although this cream formula is also not opaque, it is not as sheer as the Hourglass one. 

Maybelline The Vivids LIpstick in Vibrant Mandarin
Maybelline's Vibrant Mandarin has a somewhat shiny finish, and has an opacity closer to Milani's although is still not that pigmented. This orange also has a hint of red, and might be what it would look like if Topshop's Infrared and Milani's Matte Passion made a baby.

Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in Coral Dahlia
I love Clarins, and their candy-scented lipstick is another beautiful slightly red-toned orange. This one falls on the sheerer side of things, but has a pretty shimmer and is totally comfortable on the lips. 

MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Vegas Volt
I know I've talked about MAC Vegas Volt (amplified finish) multiple times on this blog, but it's just so damn good. Seriously. It's opaque, comfortable, and is the perfect pink-toned coral. 

Topshop Beauty Lipstick in Infrared
Topshop's Infrared is a true and gorgeous orange. It has a thicker consistency than the other lippies, so dry areas are slightly more pronounced. But it is opaque and has a demi-matte finish. 

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 12
Can we tell I like my oranges red-toned? Rimmel's 12 (I seriously wish the Kate Moss line had names instead of numbers) is a creamy and opaque, darker red-orange. And just like all of the others mentioned here, it is comfortable on the lips. 

So there you have it, folks. When I want something with at least a tinge of orange, these are the lippies I reach for most. Don't forget to leave your favorites below!

1 comment: