Saturday, April 11, 2015

March Favorites

I keep running into this problem where I forget about doing a monthly favorites post until around mid-month. By then I figure it's just too late to post one, and I move on. But it's been, like, four months since I've posted a favorites, so this month I decided to follow the idiom that every other blogger uses when she's late on favorites (seriously, why is it so hard to stay on schedule with these??): better late than never. So here's what I've been loving for March (and some of April):


NARS Madly is my go-to blush. If I'm not sure what shade I want to wear, or if I want one that will go with absolutely everything, this is what I reach for. It applies so beautifully, blends easily, and lasts all day. I think I can safely say this is my HG blush. 


Formula X Breathtaking is so appropriately named. It's the most gorgeous neutral I've ever seen, and this picture does not do it justice. It is a baby peachy pink with mini holographic glitter throughout. I find it does take three coats so it doesn't appear streaky, but I seriously can't stop looking at my nails when I have this on. 

I (and I'm sure everybody else) have been obsessing over the Milani Moisture Mattes. The colors and formula are both amazing, but my favorite two of the bunch are Matte Blissful and Matte Orchid. Blissful is a rather unique muted cool-toned pink with lavender tones. Orchid is such a perfect color for summer; it's a bright berry-toned pink. The hardest thing I had to do everyday last month was choose which of these two lippies I would wear.

On my lids, I've pretty much non-stop worn Urban Decay's Laced and Easy Baked. Laced is a matte, light, dusty rose, and I love this as a transition shade. Easy Baked is a shimmery light, pale gold; and I love it all over the lid for a super easy one-and-done look. Both shadows are (of course) super soft and blendable, and as long as I tapped my brush before application, I didn't experience any fallout. 

I also loved Ardency Inn's Hell either all over the lid for a smokey eye, in the crease, or as a liner. This shimmery dark, taupey brown is such a workhorse, and every collection needs a color like this. This shadow is super buttery and pigmented. I definitely want more from this line. 

I have to have a Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector with me at all times. These are the perfect balm to have on hand as they give a light wash of color while also hydrating the lips. I like to keep Rose at my vanity to either wear alone or under lipstick and My Pink in my purse. 

Unless I want a very specific color, I always turn to NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencils for my random lip liner needs. The formula is creamy enough to apply smoothly and evenly, but not too creamy that it just slides off the lips. My two favorites are Plush Red and Fuchsia as I think they are gorgeous alone or under lipstick. I find Plush Red is perfect under absolutely any red, and Fuchsia is my go-to for any brighter pink lipstick (it matches Milani Matte Orchid perfectly). 

If you'd like an in-depth review/swatches of any of these products, let me know in the comments! What did you love in March?

4 comments:

  1. Can never go wrong with a NARS blusher and laced is also one of my go to transition shades. Great blog! Now following you on bloglovin' xx

    withloveploy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ploy! I love your blog too, I've followed back :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! I'm obsessed with NYX pencils and shadows and especially their face powders. So I'm super excited that someone else shares the same opinion haha. I also love matte lipsticks, but I've never tried the milani brand before. Thanks for the advice and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, I'm glad you liked it:) I haven't tried any of NYX's face products, which powder is your favorite? Also do you have a favorite matte lipstick formula?

      Delete