Monday, February 2, 2015

Liebster Award... Round 2!

I'm so humbled to have been nominated for another Liebster award, this time from the lovely Michaela at Caela's Blogs. The rules have changed a bit since the last time I did this post, so if you're interested in my original answers, you can read those here. As for the rules this time, they are as follows: 

1.) Thank the person who nominated you
2.) Answer the questions from your nominator
3.) Nominate 11 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers
4.) Create 11 new questions
5.) Notify your nominees through social media


Michaela's Questions

1. If you could only own three makeup products, what would they be? This is so tough! If this doesn't include tools like eyelash curlers (that would be my #1), I would probably have to say a brow pencil, a mascara, and a bold lipstick.

2. Who's your favorite blogger and YouTuber? My favorite blogger is Christine from Temptalia (I hope her site actually counts as a blog), and my favorite YouTuber is probably Shannon from Shaaanxo. 

3. If you could only use drugstore/high street makeup or high end makeup for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Definitely high end!

4. What's your holy grail beauty product? Just one? Hmmm... if I have to choose just one I'd have to say MAC's Mystery. It's the eyeshadow shade that I use to fill in my brows and it's also a lovely crease/outer corner shade. 

5. In your opinion, what's the best budget beauty product and why? NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams! These lipsticks come in a wide range of shades, smell amazing, have the smoothest application, are fully opaque, dry to a beautiful matte finish, and are comfortable on the lips to boot. Definitely one of my favorite lipstick formulations amongst all the ones I own (and I hoard lipstick). If you're curious about these, I have swatches and reviews here and here

6. What made you want to start blogging? I'd been watching beauty channels on YouTube and reading beauty blogs for a while, and I just loved the atmosphere and how generally supportive those in the beauty community were of one another. I'd also always been very shy about sharing my thoughts in writing, so I thought starting a blog would help me break down some of those insecurities. 

7. What's your favorite food and drink? I definitely take after my mom's side with this answer, but sushi (especially inari and futomaki) and green tea. 

8. If you got to make your own beauty product, what would it be? And what would the packaging be like? If I were to make my own beauty product, it would either be a lipstick or an eyeshadow palette (sorry I can't decide!). The packaging would be slim and sleek yet sturdy. Probably something like halfway between NARS and Marc Jacobs. 

9. Describe your perfect makeup bag. The bag itself would be long enough to accommodate all of my makeup brushes, and have enough compartments so each category of products could have its own little home. It would also be flexible and light enough to travel with yet sturdy enough so I wouldn't worry about anything breaking. As far as contents go, it would hold all of my HG's (whatever those may be at the time) and options if I change my mind on what I want to use. 

10. Do you use fake tan? And if so, what is your favorite? I actually don't use fake tan, and I don't tan as well as I used to so I'm pretty regularly pale. 

11. If you were given £100 to spend on either clothes or makeup, which would you choose? Can I convert this to dollars?? But regardless of the conversion rate, I would probably choose makeup. I'm usually pretty casual with clothing purchases, but I love me some luxury beauty so I'd probably splurge. 


My Nominee (sorry I cheated on this one)

Genevieve from Vievelle

My Questions

1. What is your favorite brand for makeup brushes? 
2. Which season has your favorite general makeup trends? 
3. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? 
4. What is your favorite type of shoe (wedge, bootie, flats, etc.)?
5. Holy grail hair product?
6. If you could only shop one makeup brand for the rest of your life, which would it be?
7. Could you ever be (or are you) vegetarian? 
8. What is your favorite and least favorite color to wear? 
9. Is there a perfume that brings back the happiest memories for you? If so, what is it?
10. Do you prefer to get your nails done, or do them yourself?
11. What is one thing that can always make you smile? 

Thanks again to Michaela for my nomination!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination:) I loved reading you answers! I really want to try that NYX lip cream now!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, I loved reading them :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete