Wednesday, January 14, 2015

ColourPop Haul, Swatches, and Review

I don't know if you're aware of the hype surrounding this California-based indie makeup brand, but spoiler alert, it's totally worth it. ColourPop sells three different products (Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils, and Super Shock Shadows) all for just $5 each. I picked up six Lippie Stix, one Lippie Pencil (I'm not huge on lip liner), and seven Super Shock Shadows. And let me tell you: It was not easy to choose so few. Here's what I got:


Left to right: Lippie Stix in Heart On, I <3 This, Lumiere, Frida, Cake, Bound over Bound Lippie Pencil, Bound, and Lippie Pencil in Bound
Lippie Stix come in four different formulas, and I have three of them: Glossy, Satin, and Matte (I'm missing Pearl). All are comfortable on the lips, and none move where they shouldn't. And as you can see, the pigmentation is out-of-this-world. Full, opaque color with all of these babies. Unfortunately, I found out about ColourPop after hauling way too many dark shades for fall/winter, so I was on a mostly-nudes mission. My favorites from the bunch, though, are Heart On, Lumiere, and Bound. As for the liner? I like it on its own, but not so much under the Lippie Stix. The combined texture was just a little too thick on the lips, and I wasn't crazy about the color it created.


Left to right: Super Shock Shadow in Shameless, Lace, Hammered, Cricket, Game Face, So Quiche, and Amaze
Super Shock Shadows come in glitter, metallic, and matte finishes, although I made my orders before the matte formula was released so I don't have any of those. These shadows have the most unique formula I've ever felt, and some of the most unique colors as well. All have a pretty embossed pattern when you first open them, but wear away when you dip a finger or brush in (I prefer applying these with my fingers). They are a bouncy, wet texture but transform into a powder finish. However, the consistency is a bit off in texture from pot to pot. I say pot instead of color because I have read reviews where some people had better or worse color payoff from the exact same shades that I have. My favorites from these are Hammered, Cricket, So Quiche, and Amaze.  

Overall though, for only $5 a pop, you really can't go wrong with these. I think this brand is a great way to experiment with colors you might not usually go for with more expensive brands, and there really are some fantastically unique formulas and colors. Have you tried ColourPop? What do you think? 

8 comments:

  1. The pigmentation on these look amazing! I love the look of the Lippie Stix, they all look so pretty.
    Fab review!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really great, are you going to pick any up?

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing these mentioned in youtube videos and they look amazing! The lippie stix especially - I adore the shade "I <3 this". I'll have to see if they ship to the UK!

    Great haul :)
    Charlotte xx
    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. iv nominated you for a liebster award http://princesscaela89.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amaze is a beautiful shade! I read your post on Bustle btw, its great! I can't wait to try the lipstick out!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Genevieve! I hope you like their lipsticks too!

      Delete