Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Christmas Tag

I know everybody always says it, but can you believe the year is almost over? I have to admit though, I'm pretty darn excited for 2015. I usually get a little sad when a year ends, and as nice as 2014 was, I have good feelings about 2015. So here's hoping, regardless of how this year has gone for you, next year will be even better. 

But on to the point of this post: I was tagged by Genevieve who runs the lovely blog Vievelle to do this Christmas Tag. Admittedly, I'm a relatively lazy celebrator of Christmas, but I celebrate nonetheless, so let's do this ish!

Admittedly this picture has nothing to do with Xmas.

1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?

A Christmas Story. Hands down. I severely appreciate TBS's 24-hour marathon of this movie every year. It definitely isn't wasted on me. 

2. Do you open your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas Day. Although my family are minimalists with gift-giving so it's a pretty small affair. The dogs usually get more presents than the humans. 

3. Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?

Mm no, I don't think so. Every Christmas is enjoyable in its own way (and honestly, most are the same). 

4. What is your favorite festive food?

Peppermint bark! I always gotta get me some peppermint bark. 


5. What tops your tree?

Nothing, actually. We're pretty lazy about even putting up a tree every year, but if we do, there's rarely a topper. 

6. As a child, what was one extravagant gift you asked for but never received?

When I was maybe five years old, one of our neighbors moved away. I asked my parents to buy me their house. I totally didn't understand that real houses were not comparable to, say, Barbie play houses. 

7. Do you prefer a real tree or synthetic?

Well I've actually never had a real tree, so synthetic. I definitely see the appeal of a real tree, but I like being able to reuse a synthetic one. 


8. What's your favorite scheme for decorating a tree?

Lighting, tinsel, ornaments. 

9. Giving or receiving?

I love receiving, but giving can be stressful. I definitely prefer giving, though, when I'm confident I've gotten something my recipient will love.  

10. Christmas Day fashion?

Christmas Day is usually a lazy day at home. So for me, that means pj's or lounging clothes. Nothing particularly cute or festive. 

11. What's your favorite Christmas song?

Easy. "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by 'NSync. I usually won't even skip that song if it comes up on shuffle during the rest of the year. 

12. Christmas cards or texts?

Gotta love a good ole fashioned Christmas card!

Thanks again to Genevieve for tagging me, and I tag anybody who wants to do this tag! If you do, let me know in the comments so I can check it out!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I will give "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" a listen! btw your dog is really cute, glad you included him/her even though it was unrelated haha!

    ReplyDelete