Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sonia Kashuk Lip Crayons: My Current Favorite Drugstore Lipstick

Honestly, I don't tend to use drugstore lipsticks all that often. If I do, it's usually Maybelline or NYX. I generally prefer the formulas and scents of mid to high end lippies. But recently, I got a bunch of darker shades for the fall/winter season from brands like Nars, TopShop, Marc Jacobs Beauty, and of course, Sonia Kashuk. And I must say, I was a little more than surprised that the Sonia Kashuk lippies matched if not surpassed the quality of the mid to high-end lipsticks. 

The ones I particularly like from her brand are the Lustrous Shine Lip Crayons ($9 each). These are twist-up, chubby lip pencils. I only have the two darker shades, but I love them so much, I really want to buy the other two shades in the range. 


The shades I have are Dahlia (described as a deep berry) and Orchid (described as a radiant purple). Now let me tell you what's up. These crayons glide onto the lips with absolutely zero tugging. They are pigmented as hell. (Is hell pigmented??) They are hydrating. They don't require a lip liner. They have a shiny finish but are long-wearing. And they stain the lips, so even when the shine eventually does wear off, the color won't. Do these sound like the perfect lippies? As long as you're okay with the non-matte finish, they basically are. 

Top: Orchid; Bottom: Dahlia



Here's what they look like on the lips:

Sonia Kashuk Lustrous Shine Lip Crayon in Orchid
This color...I'm in love with this color. I think it's more of a bright, pink berry than a radiant purple though. I love this shade for an everyday pop of color, and I think it will work great even through the warmer months. 

Sonia Kashuk Lustrous Shine Lip Crayon in Dahlia
Again, I think this color's description is a little off. I find it more of a deep, ruby red than a deep berry. But again, I love it! I think this makes for a perfect holiday lip. Although I doubt I'll put it down when the season's over.

Have you tried any of Sonia Kashuk's lip products? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Ok this looks really good, I was asking my wife to get new shade for her lips and this one is perfect to have. Going to get it for my wife surely, thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete