Monday, December 1, 2014

November Favorites


November was definitely a good month. Since my birthday and Thanksgiving both fall in November, it's usually a fun and relaxing month. And this year was no different. I have a few makeup favorites to share with you, so here we go!

I normally use powder foundations, and actually prefer a sheerer coverage. I know L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation came out a while ago, but I've been trying to get more into liquid formulas, so I thought this would be a nice transition. This foundation is very liquidy, but that doesn't bother me. It does have a sheer coverage, so you medium-full coverage gals might not like this one. It blends into the skin nicely, quickly turns into that powder-finish, and is very comfortable on the skin. What I especially love is how long-wearing this is. I have oily skin, but even after five+ hours of wear (including taking my dog for a walk!), there is hardly any breakdown of the product--only slightly on my nose. And while I would have preferred a pump, I still really like the sleek, glass-bottle packaging. I use the shade Classic Ivory. 

Dior Cuir Cannage was my birthday present to myself. You have no idea how long I tried to talk myself out of another neutral palette (I was considering YSL Avant Garde for a long time), but I decided this combo of colors in all warm tones was just too good to pass up. I'll have a review on this palette coming soon, so if you're interested in learning more, keep an eye out! 

I think I mentioned last month how my love for drugstore mascara has been renewed. I wanted a mascara with a smaller brush to replace my Clinique Bottom Lash, and I found it in Maybelline Lash Discovery. I love, love, love this not only as a bottom-lash mascara but also as a base layer for my top lashes. On no-makeup makeup days, this is lovely alone on the top lashes for extra length. But on regular makeup days, I like to layer this under whatever mascara I use on my top lashes. The small brush allows me to really get to the base of my lashes, giving a tight-lining effect. 

NYX Plush Red lip liner plus TopShop Partition lipstick was my go-to lip combo in November. While swatched these colors come off more pink than red, on the lips, they are a perfect, true red. I like to line and fill in my lips with the liner and then top it off with the lipstick. Both formulas are so comfortable on the lips, and I can apply once and not have to worry about it for the rest of the day. The color will stay vivid and my lips won't dry out. This will definitely continue to be my holiday lip-combo through December. 

What were some of your favorites in November? 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a happy birthday! I've been wanting to try topshop lipstick for a while, will definitely get one soon! the foundation sounds great, I have oily/combination skin so it should work great! Can't wait for the eyeshadow review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genevieve! I was very pleased with Topshop's lipstick formulation...both their regular lipsticks and matte bullets. Hope you enjoy them too!

      Delete
    2. Their matte bullets sound amazing! I have nominated you for the Christmas Tag btw, would love to read your answers!

      http://vievelle.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-christmas-tag_6.html

      Delete
    3. Aw so fun! Thanks for the tag :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful mascara! I want it :)

    ReplyDelete