Monday, December 29, 2014

Dior Cuir Cannage: Swatches & Review

I purchased this little beauty about a month and a half ago, and have since been putting it to the test. I consistently use mid-high end eyeshadows, so the Dior Cuir Cannage palette was my first foray into luxury eyeshadow. The palette features five warm, darker neutrals in both satin and matte finishes. Dior Cuir Cannage retails for $60. 

This eyeshadow quint includes a purple-toned brown, a champagne, a darkened gold, a blackened plum, and a camel (the only matte in the palette). The camel kicks up some powder when a brush is dipped into it, but none of the shadows feel particularly soft. And while I would have liked a little bit more pigmentation with these shades, they all apply beautifully and are not sheer, patchy, or chalky. 

Although these shades don't swatch all that well, they perform beautifully on the eyes. All are buildable and blendable. The champagne is the perfect highlight color, and the blacked plum is lovely as a liner or smudged in the outer-v. The camel works well in the crease, although it can be slightly too dark if used with a heavy hand. 

There is also nice variety in achievable looks from this palette due to the varying color depths. I like doing a lighter eye with the champagne on the lid, the golden brown in the crease, and the purple-toned brown in the outer-v. A mid-tone eye can be done with the golden brown on the lid, the purple-toned brown in the crease, and the blackened plum in the outer-v. And a nice smokey eye can be achieved using the purple-toned brown on the lid and the blackened plum in the crease for a little definition.  

The only real complaint I have with this palette is that the golden brown color is very similar to the matte camel-- almost identical except for the finish. So while these two blend very well together, since there are only five shades in the palette, I would have preferred a little more distinction between these two shades.  

But overall, I really enjoy this palette, and it has become my new go-to when I want a simple, neutral eye look. What do you think of the Dior Cuir Cannage palette? Do you have a favorite Dior palette? 

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous quad, the shades look soo pretty!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swatches, I love the shimmery shades :) I have yet to try dior, but I really like the look of their palettes!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genevieve! Agreed, I love the color combinations they do!

      Delete