Sunday, November 23, 2014

What's In My MAC Eyeshadow Palette?


I've done it! I've finally completed my (first?) MAC palette. Is it weird that I feel accomplished for purchasing and arranging eyeshadows? I'm going with it. It's been a long time coming, since I was trying to make it more of a long-term project. I wanted to make sure I really wanted all of the colors I was choosing, since it's so easy to get swept away by all of the pretty shades available at the counter. I also wanted to make sure that all the shadows would go well with each other. And variety. I love me a neutral palette, but I definitely wanted a couple pops of color in there. Yeah, I was pretty picky with this one. But I have to say, I'm beyond pleased with how it turned out. This is definitely a one-and-done palette for me. I can do multiple, full eye looks and my brows with just this palette. Here are my picks: 

L to R: Dazzlelight, Naked Lunch, Arena, Expensive Pink, Woodwinked


This is my highlight and lid color row. Dazzlelight is that perfect subtle highlight, and my go-to regardless of what other eyeshadows I'm using. It almost has a pink duochrome factor which is gorgeous. I love Naked Lunch for a highlight with smokier looks, or as an all-over lid color for easier looks. Such a great multi-tasker. Arena is a great lid color, but I really don't reach for it that often. Expensive Pink and Woodwinked on the other hand, are wonderful. I recommend both of these, but if I could only choose one, it would be Woodwinked. This is perfect for a one-shadow look since it gives dimension when buffed into the crease. 

L to R: Sumptuous Olive, Soft Brown, Swiss Chocolate, Mystery, Plumage


Can words express my love for Sumptuous Olive? Let's find out. If I had to choose a single favorite shadow from my palette, it would be this one. This tone of green is subtle enough to go with basically anything, and it really makes brown eyes pop. I don't know if I've ever applied a more magical color to my lids. How was that? Soft Brown is a cult favorite and for good reason: it's the perfect warm transition shade. This makes it into about 75% of my eye looks. I love Swiss Chocolate as a crease color for warm looks. It looks especially good paired with Sumptuous Olive. Mystery is my brow color. Its cool tone makes it perfect for brows, and its slight red/purple tones are great if you have auburn hair like me. I also love it for deepening the outer-v. Plumage is one I wish I used more than I do. I love, love, love it for a colorful smokey eye, but it's also great as a liner. 

L to R: Sable, Haux, Satin Taupe, Copperplate, Sketch
Finally, my taupe/purple row. I tend to really like these kinds of colors. Sable and Satin Taupe are my lid colors, but I usually prefer Sable. Haux is a great transition color, and works beautifully with all of the colors in this row. I wish Copperplate were not so powdery because look at that color! I absolutely love it, but I hate working with it. I've seriously never experienced more kick-up from another eyeshadow in my life. Sketch is gorgeous as a definer or smokey-lid color, but I have to say, I'm not as impressed with the texture and payoff of this one as I am with some of the others. 

Although I speak more highly of certain shades than others, out of these 15, none are misses. All of these colors are great in their own way, and I recommend them all. But if I had to pick a top five, they would be: Naked Lunch, Woodwinked, Sumptuous Olive, Mystery, and Sable. 

What are some of your favorite MAC eyeshadow shades? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your palette! looks like alot of thought was put in! love your picks, i like a neutral pallette as well :)

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Eyeshadow Palette considers as the best eye shadow pllette at all. The shades of this palette are just awesome and elegant, some are glittery also

    ReplyDelete