Monday, November 3, 2014

October Favorites


Well one of my favorite months has come and gone, but I don't have too many favorites. I spent so much of October in Halloween makeup, that I didn't get to use or try too many other products. But here are some of the products I frequented the most aside from my white face paint: 


I absolutely love this moisturizer. It's super rare that I repurchase a skincare product because I'm always convinced there's something better out there that I need to try. Well I couldn't find anything else that looked better this time around, so I got another Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer. This stuff is awesome. I love for my daytime moisturizer to have an SPF, and this one doesn't skimp with its level 47. (Although I find 47 to be a humorously odd number; why not 45 or 50?) It also keeps my oily mug hydrated without making me more oily throughout the day—which is a huge win for me because I have serious trouble finding a moisturizer that accomplishes that. And bonus? It smells like Smarties. 


This product is new to me, but has quickly become a staple in my brow routine. I'd heard boasts of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel, but never realized it could be this good. I used to use a clear mascara as my brow gel, but a product that is meant to hold brows in place really took my brow game to the next level. Have I said brows enough? Brows, brows, brows. Now I have long and decently wild brows (ha), but with this stuff, they do. not. budge. For real. It's pretty awesome. I use the shade Brunette, BTW.  


If you're at all familiar with my blog, you'll know that I'm in love. That's right, I'm in it for the long haul with NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have way too many colors (pshaw), but I love them all. This one in Copenhagen is no different. This is the perfect vampy fall/winter lip color, and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. The formula is matte without being drying, and smells amazing. I'll be wearing this for the rest of winter.


Although I'm sure this product is gorgeous at anytime of the year, I especially love it for fall. MAC Blue-Brown Pigment is such a beautiful duo-chrome. Exactly as the name suggests, it goes from being a bronze-y neutral to a wearable blue with just a shift of the head. I like to use this wet for optimal intensity, and I just pack it all over the lid for a simple, yet complex-looking eye. This also looks really great with some winged liner, and one pot will last a lifetime. Let's swoon, shall we? 

What did you love during October? Any products you're excited to pick up in November?   

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Keep it up! Lovely!

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really funny! love your post, I can believe that the oil smells like smarties! I really like that NYX lip cream!

    http://vievelle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genevieve! Do you think you'll pick it up?

      Delete
    2. yea im definitely gonna try to find it, ive heard that the prices are really good for nyx.

      Delete
    3. Yay! Let me know what you think!

      Delete