Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Swatches & Review

I was so pumped when I heard Benefit was releasing a collection of their boxed powders for the holiday season. I've actually never tried any of their cheek products before (besides Watt's Up), and I'd been eyeing Rockateur for the longest time. Honestly, the only reason I never went for it was because I just couldn't get past the fact that Benefit cut off a significant amount of the product but still sold it for the same price (0.17oz for $28 instead of 0.28oz for $28). 

Wellll, for all of you who were like me, this set is such a steal. For $8 more than a single boxed powder, you get a full-sized Rockateur plus five other powders (each of the others average at 0.17oz as well) to try. I will say, though, my least favorite thing about this set, and the reason I usually steer clear from other Benefit sets, is I hate the packaging. Yes, of course it's pretty cute at first. But from a practicality standpoint, it's just way too clunky. I don't have enough room to accommodate this in my collection, and I sure as hell don't want to travel with it. I'll definitely be depotting these once I figure out what size palette I want for that. If you have any suggestions for depotting this palette, or want me to do an update once I've finished, let me know in the comments!
L to R: Watt's Up, Rockateur, Coralista, Hoola, Sugarbomb, Bella Bamba, Dandelion


.
Although I haven't properly tested all of these powders yet, I think it's safe to say that the ones I expect to get the most use out of are Rockateur, Dandelion, and Hoola. Rockateur is such an easy-going, goes-with-everything kind of rosy color. Love it. Dandelion is that perfect light-pink color that I think looks flattering on everybody. (It reminds me of a slightly lighter, warmer version of Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface.) And I've heard Hoola touted as one of the best contour shades. I have to say, so far, I agree. I'm pretty fair, so a lot of bronzers and contour powders can go a little orange on me; this one doesn't. 

As far as the other three go, I like using Sugarbomb as a highlighter, though I'm not blown away by it-- I prefer Watt's Up. Coralista and Bella Bamba are shades that I'm not too attracted to. The Coralista in this palette (I've heard it's different from the original) is quite sheer and has a high sheen to it. I might eventually use this as a highlighter, but for now, I don't see myself getting much use out of this powder. Bella Bamba, while a nice color, has too much glitter in it for my taste. I may get more use out of it in the summer, but for now, it's also on my "meh" list.  

What do you think of this cheeky set? Which Benefit powder is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. This looks fab, I love benefit but like you have been avoiding the blush for the price. I agree about the palettes always being impractical too, would love to see how you end up storing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to do a follow-up post on the depotting! Do you think you'll be picking this up?

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any a benefit stuff I think it'd quite pricey but this looks lovely think I may have to have a little try :) but I don't really do glitter either.
    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/autumn-fall-perfect-lipstick.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as long as you're interested in 2-3 of these, the deal is still pretty great. If you pick it up, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. All of these look so beautiful and they are really pricey if you buy them on their own. Great way to try all of these out!

    http://sparklygoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete