Thursday, October 9, 2014

Battle of the Drugstore Deep Conditioning Hair Masks




I've finished off three drugstore hair masks, and wanted to have another little battles royal. Just so you can better judge my opinions on these, I have fine hair but a lot of it. I wash it every other day, and alternate between a regular conditioner and a hair mask. When I was using each of these, I used it exclusively as my treatment, meaning I did not alternate between hair masks, just the individual mask and my regular Pantene conditioner. Here's what I thought:

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: First off, this stuff smells ah-mazing. Like coconuts. It also does a great job moisturizing. However, it only has one oil (jojoba), and I don't like the packaging. I prefer my hair masks in pots so I can easily scrape out every last bit. But! This is 8oz. And for only $3? I would definitely repurchase this. 

Neutrogena Triple Moisture: Of the three, this one did the best at conditioning my hair. This was the most expensive at $8 for only 6oz, but from this trio, it proved price corresponds with quality. It has three oils: olive, meadowfoam seed, and sweet almond. And it smells really nice; not as good as the Aussie one, but much better than the L'Oreal one. I would repurchase this one as well. 

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm: This one was fine. It did the job, but that's it. It conditioned my hair basically the same as a regular conditioner and didn't smell particularly great. Not that it smelled bad, mind you. Just compared to the other two, there's nothing really special about this one. It doesn't have any oils, but it does contain ceramide, which is supposed to combat breakage. This was the second-best value at $6 for 8.5oz, but is the only one I wouldn't repurchase. 

So if I had to rank these, I would say the Neutrogena one was my favorite, Aussie next, and L'Oreal was my least favorite. I'm currently testing out a different L'Oreal one that has six! oils (I love me some hair oil), so I'll let you know how I get along with that one. What are your favorite hair masks? 

1 comment:

  1. Such reviews always make my life easy to make decision final regarding what to purchase and what not to. Thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting such posts

    ReplyDelete