Monday, September 29, 2014

September Favorites


I've been such a bad blogger this month. I apologize. I've been pretty sick off and on, and I did a little bit of traveling in between. So since I was sick a lot, I didn't get to experiment with too many products--I pretty much just stuck to the basics. BUT I still have a few that I love and appreciate for standing by me during my trying times. I'd like to share them with you. Without further ado, my September favorites: 



NYX SMLC San Paulo 
When I first got this color, I put it aside as a "total fall color." I will never retire this color again, regardless of the season. It's definitely the perfect fall color, but it's actually just the perfect color. 



Naked Basics
I'm in love with this palette. I've been using it almost everyday since I bought it. When I was traveling, I took only this for my eye looks. It really is much more versatile than I had originally thought--I didn't even think I wanted this palette until just this August. 



MAC MSF Natural Light Plus
My lazy makeup routine has included just a light dusting of this. No foundation for me. Even though I usually only use a powder foundation anyway... This was still a nice, lighter option. It gives the skin a nice, natural finish with a little something extra that reminds me of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. 



Maybelline One By One 
It's been a minute since I've used a drugstore mascara, especially Maybelline (I've had a lot of misses with them in the past). But this one works really well for me. It gives more volume than some high-end ones I've been using (I'm looking at you, UD Perversion and Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes), which has really helped me re-evaluate my relationship with high-end mascara. 



Serge Normant Dry Shampoo
Y'all. I washed my hair an embarrassingly few times this month. This dry shampoo saved me from being that creepy grease-ball who obviously has not showered in way too long. Not that it really mattered since this was all occurring while I was lying on my couch eating soup and spamming America's Next Top Model, as one does. 

Well we're entering my favorite quarter of the year, and I'll be back on my blogging game. Apologies again for the giant leave of absence. What were some of your favorites for September?

2 comments:

  1. the nyx lip cream is on my wishlist! sounds great :)
    http://vievelle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete