I can't believe I'm writing this post, but I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! I received my nomination from the amazing Maurissa at Maurissa Sees Beauty. Thank you so much, Maurissa, I'm so honored! If you haven't checked out her blog before, definitely go take a peek— she's such a talented writer. And just in case you don't know, the Liebster Award is meant to connect bloggers as well as allow readers to get to better know their bloggers.
Here's How It Works:
1.) Write a post thanking the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.) Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3.) Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4.) Create 11 questions for your chosen bloggers to answer.
5.) Nominate fellow bloggers and let them know that they've been tagged.
11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. My dog is my baby. Her name is Mina and she's a rescue mutt.
2. I love horror novels and movies.
3. I have to eat chocolate at least once a day.
4. Kevin Spacey is my celebrity crush.
5. All of my favorite t-shirts are ones I stole from my mom.
6. I collect shot glasses from places I've traveled.
7. I take my coffee black.
8. I've crocheted since I was 8 years old, but I don't know how to knit.
9. My family watches the extended The Lord of the Rings trilogy every Thanksgiving.
10. Fresh figs are my favorite fruit.
11. I love alliteration.
My Questions from Maurissa:
1. What was your last dream about? There was this race/competition on the beach, and I was so pumped to play, but I left my bathing suit, sunscreen, and towel at home. I had to go back to get all my stuff, and by the time I caught back up with the group, I was too late to play. Most. Annoying. Dream.
2. How many hats do you own? You know, I think I own maybe two baseball hats that I wear when I go to the beach/take my dog for a walk. I'm not a big hat-person.
3. What animal would you like to have as a pet? Besides dogs? Probably a bear or tiger. As long as they would cuddle with me and not eat me.
4. Who was the last person to send you a text message? My boyfriend.
5. What was the last thing you took a picture of? My dog. My phone is filled with pics of my dog.
6. Is the glass half full or half empty? It's mostly half-full. But there's always those half-empty days.
7. Do you prefer tea, coffee, or cocoa? Why must I choose?? In the morning, tea; in the afternoon, coffee; and in the evening, cocoa.
8. If you had to throw out one beauty product right now, what would you sacrifice? Probably the mascara or foundation that I've almost finished up. Is that a cop-out answer?
9. What historical period would you visit if you could go back in time? I don't think I'd want to live in any historical time, but if I'm just visiting, either the 1930's for the fashion, or 14th century England to chill with Chaucer. Because that could totally happen if I went back to that time, right?
10. What's the worst show on television right now? I think any reality TV is arguably the worst show on television. Unfortunately, I happen to love those shows, so which do I pick as the guiltiest of pleasures? Probably #RichKids of Beverly Hills.
11. Where did you go on your first airplane ride? I was 18 months old and my parents took me to Japan. That's where my mom's side of the family is from.
Debra from Makeup By Debra
Heidi from Hansen & Heidelberg
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. If you could only apply one type of makeup product (lipstick, blush, mascara, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
2. Which is your favorite meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
3. Favorite guilty-pleasure movie?
4. Dogs or cats?
5. If you could totally splurge on one fashion item, what would it be?
6. What is your favorite app?
7. Can you play any instruments?
8. What is your favorite makeup brand?
9. Do you have any siblings?
10. What was the first concert you ever went to?
11. If you could do a collaboration with MAC, what would be the star of your collection?
Thanks again to Maurissa, and have fun, nominees!