Monday, August 25, 2014

Studio Gear's Invincible Gel/Cream Eyeliner is Actually Pretty Invincible

In a recent haul, I picked up this eyeliner from Studio Gear, and I've been using it pretty frequently ever since. I tend to cycle through my eyeliner formulas, so it's been a while since I've used a good gel. I've also been on a neutral kick recently, so this blue color was a nice and well-needed change (that I think would look gorgeous with any eye color). The formula is super smooth and creamy, and glides easily onto the lids. The pigmentation is out-of-this-world, and it can be used as a liner or base/shadow for a smokey look. (Hint: This is a perfect match for the color "Slate" in the Lorac Pro Palette.)  

But my favorite part of this liner? The staying power. My eyelids will make an oil-slick out of the best-claimed products. Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos? More like 2-4 hours on these lids. But this product does not smudge, budge, or transfer once it sets. The swatches below actually needed makeup-remover at the end of the day. All the hand-washing I did between applying the liner in the morning until the time I went to bed did nothing to disrupt that gorgeous color (and I wash my hands a lot). Overall, this product is a total winner. It retails for $16 at studiogearcosmetics.com

Top: Applied with Sonia Kashuk Bent Liner Brush; Bottom: Applied with finger


That's MAC's Expensive Pink on my lids and Creme d'Nude on my lips.

What are your favorite eyeliner formulas? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade! And your eyeliner looks perfect--mine never turns out that well. I really love Studio Gear and I'm bummed that the Dillards closest to me stopped carrying the line. I wonder it you can purchase it anywhere other than online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Ulta used to carry SG, but they've stopped as well as far as I know... If you go here: http://studiogearcosmetics.com/store-locator/ you might be able to find a retailer near you. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete