Monday, July 21, 2014

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Review


 I'm a little bit of a mascara junkie, so I was excited to hear Urban Decay was releasing a new one. I got my paws on a sample of Perversion, which UD claims to be "Bigger. Blacker. Badder." Perversion retails for $22, and currently comes with a sample of Subversion, a lash primer.

First off, I love the brush on this mascara. I'm all about a larger brush, and this one behaves so well. It deposits mascara evenly on my lashes and not at all on my eyelids. Also, the color really is as richly black as described. And finally, here's a mascara that you can open and love immediately without having to wait a week for it to dry out some (that is, if you prefer drier formulas like I do). 
Left: Bare lashes; Right: 1 coat top and bottom lashes
 After one coat, I could tell that Perversion definitely added length, and I love how rich the black color is. However, I didn't notice too much in the way of volume increase. 
Left: Bare lashes; Right: 2 coats top and bottom lashes














Now I don't normally wear two coats of mascara, but with Perversion, the second coat actually made a difference without going clumpy. It was with this second coat that I got the volume along with the length. I'm very pleased and impressed with the amount of separation the brush offers, even with added coats. 

The only thing this mascara left me wanting was some curl/lift. With the second coat, I did notice the weight made some of the curl fall. However, this wasn't too noticeable.

Compared to some popular mascaras, I have to say I like Perversion better than Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes, which I reviewed here. However, this is only because I prefer the brush on Perversion. I think both of these mascaras give the same look with one coat, and the only difference with two is that Perversion doesn't clump as much. 

I also like this better than Benefit's They're Real. Although I like the look one coat of They're Real gives better than one coat of Perversion, two coats of Perversion gives me that statement look that I go to They're Real for. But the real reason is the removal. The extra manpower I have to bring in to get They're Real off my lashes pretty much deters me from wanting to use it in the first place. Perversion actually washes off with just water.  

As much as I like this mascara though, I still prefer my HG, Clinique High Impact. 

So: 
Bigger? With two coats, yes.
Blacker? Definitely.
Badder? I'll leave that up to you to decide.

♥Miki

4 comments:

  1. Great review! It sounds like a good one. Hopefully they come out with a waterproof formula because that's the only kind that hold a curl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I usually have a love-hate relationship with waterproof because of that (I hate removing it), but I've found that Clinique High Impact actually holds curl very nicely.

      Delete
  2. I just had they’re Real mascara last week. Looking forward to purchase this one next!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete