Thursday, July 10, 2014

Top 5 Pink-Brown Lip Picks

I love a good pink-brown lipstick. Those MLBB (my lips but better) type shades are just so easy to wear, and they're really universally flattering too. I've included a variety of this shade, and I think all five will look good on just about any skin tone. 
Top to bottom: NYX B52, MAC Twig, L'Oreal Toasted Almond, Bite Beauty Musk, and MAC Viva Glam V
 When I'm not quite sure what lipstick I want to wear, or just want something that will look good with any eye-look, I always reach for MAC's Viva Glam V. This is a Lustre finish, so it is somewhat sheer, but the color can be built up. This has gold glitter in it, but feels quite smooth and almost moisturizing on the lips. 

 Bite Beauty's Musk is my perfect MLBB shade. The color payoff is similar to MAC's Lustre formulas, so it is somewhat sheer, but can be built up. This is one of the smoothest and most lightweight lipsticks I've ever used. This does not have any shimmer in it, and has a creamy finish. This is also moisturizing on the lips. 

 L'Oreal's Toasted Almond is slightly more brown than pink compared to the rest of the shades. The color payoff is more opaque than the previous two colors, but not as opaque as the following two. This also does not have any shimmer in it, and has a slightly glossy finish. This is not moisturizing for me, but also non-drying. 

I'm so in love with MAC's Twig. This is a Satin, my favorite finish from MAC. But aside from the formula (which goes on creamy, dries to a demi-matte, and is non-drying), look at that color! I think this is the perfect everyday autumn-color. It provides a beautiful wash of color when dabbed on, but can be built up to full opacity. Swoon














My last pick is NYX's B52. This is their creamy lipstick formula, and it is very true to name. This can be applied in the same manner as Twig in that lightly, it provides a wash of color, but can be built up to full opacity. This does not have any shimmer and feels almost moisturizing on the lips. Again, this is a great autumn/winter color.

What are your favorite MLBB colors? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. All of these colors are heavenly but I have to say I'm partial to the Toasted Almond and MAC's Viva Glam V =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Twig looks stunning, I will have to check it out next time I am at a Mac counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  3. Mac's Twig looks lovely for any season. I've never been to a MAC counter (for fear of the snobby girls) but this is seriously making me reconsider my stance :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a snobby encounter at MAC. I hope you visit a counter (I think it's so fun to swatch and play with everything!) and have a lovely experience!

      Delete