Thursday, July 3, 2014

Battle of the Pore-Cleansing Masks

I have oily skin. Sigh. Which means I know a thing or two about blackheads. So I wanted to do a little comparison of the three products I've been using lately to clear out my pores. Here we go...

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($7/8 strips): I have been using these for years. There are very few products that I love enough to repurchase since I love trying new things, but this is easily one of them. Come to think of it, this might be my most-repurchased item ever. I love this for those days when I just need some immediate gratification. With these, it's only 10 minutes before I can see all the little devils that have been ripped out of my nose (I know this might sound gross, but it's a great feeling). These strips are also made for the forehead, cheeks, and chin. If I could only have one blackhead-clearing treatment, this would be it. 

Mario Badescu Silver Powder ($12): This is one of the messier products I've ever used. As the name implies, this starts out as a powder. To use it, water is added so that it turns into a paste, and this is what is applied to the face. However, once this starts to dry, it turns back into a powder, and will start to flake and fall off the face. I don't notice any significant reduction of blackheads when I use this, but my pores do feel tighter. And there is always a thin layer of white powder all over my countertop whenever I use this. I won't repurchase this anytime soon. 

Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask ($24/3.4 fl.oz.): I love a good charcoal mask. It tightens my pores, helps with oil production, and can be used as a spot treatment. This mask does all of those things. Again, I can't see that many blackheads have been removed, but it does treat the other symptoms of oily skin. When I use this as a spot treatment, zits don't disappear overnight, but they do slightly reduce. So is this a holy-grail mask? No. But it's a pretty good one. I'll still probably try different masks over repurchasing this, though. 

What are your favorite masks for oily skin?

6 comments:

  1. What a great post!! I'm oily as well and I hate blackheads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problems, hate oily skin! I'm using soap and glory pore refining mask at the moment, it does make a visible difference and really brightens skin but unfortunately no long term improvements :(
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have yet to find anything that offers long-term improvement...so annoying! And thanks for the recommendation...I definitely want to try that!

      Delete
  3. Blackheads are my worse enemy. I have dry skin but I swear those buggers are holding on like crazy! I'm still in search for the perfect blackhead treatment--I've used the strips in the past but I think they work better for oily skin because my boyfriend has oily skin and he always sees great results when he uses the strips but I'm always left empty handed =( But I definitely won't be trying the Mario Badescu product in the future! Thanks for the post =D

    http://hansenandheidelberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're still searching, I've heard some good things about Boscia and Glamglow, but haven't personally tried their blackhead-targeted products. Glad to help though :)

      Delete