Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Picks: Favorite Products

I had a request to do a post on my favorite products from each category of makeup, and some categories were tougher than others. I didn't include categories where I don't have a go-to, because I didn't want to talk about products that I don't truly love and recommend. But there were also some categories where I couldn't pick just one product. 
Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten Foundation: Because I have oily skin and prefer sheer-medium coverage, I love a good powder foundation. This one is baked, and so has the creamiest consistency I've experienced from a powder foundation. It has build-able coverage and looks beautiful on the skin.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: If I had to choose a range of powders, it would be these. And if I had to choose a single one, it would be Dim Light. This blurs imperfections and gives skin such a beautiful, glow-y finish. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush: I love the Tarte blushes, and still reach for my Off the Cuff palette almost daily (sorry to include a LE!) My favorites are Darling (the peachy, middle color) and Dollface (the right-most blush). Darling goes perfectly with just about any look, and Dollface (a permanent color!) gives that perfect, brisk-weather flush. 

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: I love a good, matte bronzer, and as you might already know, this one smells like chocolate! Because this is matte and not too orange in tone, I like to use this as a contour powder in addition to a bronzer. 

Anastasia Brow Wiz: I usually like a powder to fill in my brows, but this pencil has me a changed woman. I can change the depth of the color depending on how much pressure I use, and I really enjoy the Spoolie brush on the other end. If I'm traveling, this is easily my brow-product pick since I can completely do my brows with just this. 

Lorac Pro Palette: This is my pick for an eyeshadow palette. It has everything I need to do any complete eye look. With a variety of neutrals in both matte and shimmer finishes, I can't go wrong. But if I were to choose my favorite single eyeshadow, it would be...

MAC Eyeshadow in Sable: This is the bottom-left shadow in my MAC palette. This is a purple-toned brown with a shimmer finish. I love the way it looks with brown eyes. And I think this color is complex enough that if I pack it all over my lid and buff it into my crease, I can get a complete look with just this one shadow.  

Lorac Front of the Line Pro: I prefer liquid liner, and this is my favorite. It has a skinny brush-tip and rich-black color. This makes it easy to achieve the perfect winged liner.

Clinique High Impact Mascara: I like my mascara to have it all: volume, length, and curl. This one delivers. I like this better than Diorshow and Benefit's They're Real, so if you like either of those, try this (it's at least $6 cheaper!).  

MAC Lipstick in Rebel and Viva Glam V: I love MAC lipsticks, but these two are my favorites. Rebel (Satin finish) is the perfect pop of color during any season (but I particularly love it during Fall), and Viva Glam V (Lustre finish) is a great my-lips-but-better shade. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Morocco, Ibiza, Antwerp, and Zurich: Because I couldn't choose just one lippie favorite, I had to include these too. These are inexpensive, deliver opaque, long-lasting color, and smell great. For swatches and a more in-depth review, see this post and this post

I know I cheated on some of these, but if you could only pick one product from each category, what would you choose? Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. omg..so many beauty product...love all of them
    http://leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love literally all your picks! That LORAC palette has been on my wish list for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a great palette...definitely get your hands on it:)

      Delete