Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Favorites

It's monthly favorites time! You know the drill.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58): I'm sure you've heard enough about these powders from everyone in the beauty community by now, but it's for good reason. I hauled this palette in the beginning of the month and have been using it everyday since. My favorites are Dim and Radiant Light. I use Dim all over the face and it just gives a really beautiful finish, and I use Radiant on the high points of my face for a hint of extra dimension and glow.

The Body Shop Shower Gel and Puree Lotion in Satsuma ($15 and $12): If you haven't smelled anything from the Satsuma line at The Body Shop, stop reading this right now and go do it (I'm kidding, finish reading this first). This is my go-to scent during the hotter months (hence why I have the jumbo size shower gel) since it's just so refreshing. The gel lasts for ages too; I actually cracked into this bottle over four months ago, and I still have over a third of it left. Now I've heard some people say that they don't like TBS's Purees because they leave the skin feeling a little sticky. And I have noticed this sticky feeling after application, but it only lasts for all of one minute and then it's gone. I actually really like these because of how light they feel on the skin. During the summer when my skin doesn't need crazy hydration, this Puree is perfect. It has more of a gel-type consistency too, so it feels nice and cool on the skin. 

NYX Mosaic Powder in Cafe ($8): I love this if I'm feeling lazy or just don't have that much time to get ready. Since this is more of a bronzy color, I use this as a one-stop face product and apply it generally to the cheeks instead of doing a blush and a bronzer. This adds a nice glow to the skin which I think is perfect for summer. I'm not actually sure if this color is still sold in stores, but NYX's Mosaic Powder called Truth looks very similar. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Ibiza ($6): If you've seen my reviews of NYX SMLC's, you'll know I have quite a love affair with these. In my most recent haul of these, I absolutely fell in love with Ibiza as it's an ever brighter version of my former beloved, Antwerp. This has wonderful color payoff and longevity. Highly recommend. 

Lilly Pulitzer eau de parfum in Beachy (~$30 for 3.4 fl oz): Since this is an older product, it seems to only be found on sites like Amazon.com now. However, it is so appropriately named. Some of the notes are: citrus, watermelon, jasmine, amber, and vanilla. And these really give the perfume a bright yet warm, "I've been playing in the sun" kind of vibe. What I really love though is that this scent lasts all day. I can spray myself twice in the morning, and still smell the base notes at night. And since there are warmer notes, it transitions really well from day to night as well. This is a great, affordable, summer scent. 

What were some of your favorites for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment