Thursday, May 15, 2014

Black (and Teal) and Gold Eye Look + Drugstore Alternatives

I mentioned in my April Favorites post that I was loving the combo of teal and black liner. Well I haven't stopped loving it, so I wanted to share how to get the look plus some alternate, drugstore-product options. 
I think this eyeliner combo is perfect for summer when paired with some gold shadow. So what I did after priming my lids was: (1) Pat Lorac's Gold (from the Pro Palette) shadow all over the lid, blending up into the crease (2) Blend Lorac's Garnet (also from PP) shadow into the outer 1/3 of the lid (3) Blend Taupe (PP) through the crease (4) Mix Cream and White (PP) and apply to brow-bone as a highlight (5) Drag Garnet along the outer 1/2 of the lower lash-line (6) Apply Gold along the inner 1/2 of the lower lash-line (7) Pat Champagne (PP) onto the inner corners (8) Draw a thick line with Tarte's Skinny SmolderEyes in Azurite Green across the upper lash-line, flicking it out a little at the end (9) Draw a thin line close to the lashes with Lorac's Front of the Line Pro liquid liner in Black, following the same flick as the teal liner (10) Apply em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery mascara in Black, and done!
But wait (there's more)! There are some drugstore options that you can use to achieve this same look! My favorite gold eyeshadow alternative to the one found in the Lorac PP is NYX's single eyeshadow in Pure Gold. And although it leans a little more blue than green, I think Ulta's Automatic Eye Liner in Teal Blue gives that same great contrast to the gold and pop of color on the lids.
Tarte liner: $19 Ulta, Lorac Pro Palette: $42 Ulta, Ulta liner: $8, NYX shadow: $5 Ulta
Top to Bottom: Tarte Azurite Green, Lorac Gold, Ulta Teal Blue, NYX Pure Gold
What's your favorite eye look for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment