Friday, May 23, 2014

5 Laura Mercier Products: A Review

I mentioned in my Mini Sephora Haul post that I would review the Laura Mercier 500 point perk, and without much further ado, here it is!
This kit came with deluxe samples of Laura's Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight, Flawless Skin Face Polish, Tinted Moisturizer, Radiance Foundation Primer, and Lip Glace. And while I don't believe this point perk is still available, all of these products are in the permanent line, and can be found at Sephora or Sephora.com. 

While testing these products, I wanted to see the kind of look that could be created using only these products (okay, okay, I might have used my Anastasia Brow Wiz too; no look is complete without brows, am I right?), and I like the fresh-faced, no-makeup-makeup look it gave me. Since I could basically get a full face with these products, I'll be reviewing them in the order in which I used them.
Flawless Skin Face Polish ($32): The first thing I noticed with this was how good it smells. The scent is very light and refreshing; kind of citrus-y. But the exfoliator was just okay for me. The particles are suspended in a cream base as opposed to a gel, which I like, but the particles themselves are more like sand than beads. They're really small and really abrasive, so if you like an exfoliator that feels like you're sanding off the top layer of your skin, then this is for you. I, however, prefer an exfoliator that is gentler--one that I feel like I could use everyday if I wanted. But the Flawless Skin Face Polish was just too harsh for me. I will say, though, that my skin felt really soft and smooth after use, and my makeup applied very easily and evenly. I will continue to use it once a week or so, but I won't be purchasing the full-size.  

Foundation Primer in Radiance ($33): Since I have oily skin, I usually shy away from face products that advertise a glow or have shimmer in them. So I was quite apprehensive about this primer. But it genuinely shocked me. It did give a hint of a glow, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. The shimmer really sheered out, and I don't know if it was the primer or the tinted moisturizer, but I did not get as oily as I usually do whilst I was wearing these products. If you have drier skin and are going for that glow-y look, you might want to either build this up more or just wear it alone. Otherwise, this might not give you a noticeable-enough effect. I would consider purchasing the full-size.

Tinted Moisturizer in Nude ($43): I was a little nervous about this product as well because, in the past, tinted moisturizers and bb creams have not done much to help my oiliness. But like I mentioned with the primer, these two products together wore for about 8 hours before I noticed I needed to powder. On the other hand, though, the coverage with this is very sheer. As you can tell in the picture, the redness in my cheeks and some spots on my face still show through this product. So although I like how this wears on my skin, I probably won't purchase the full size since I can get the same, or more coverage (along with similar oil-control) with powder foundations that cost less. 

Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight ($36): I tend to not really wear highlighters because my skin provides enough of a sheen on its own, so I was curious about this. Are we noticing a pattern of products I was nervous about because of my oily skin? Anyway, this is a beautiful product. It provides a glow without being sparkly or shimmery and has a soft and smooth texture. I applied this to my cheekbones, up around the outer half of my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, and a little on my chin. I was really impressed with this in that it actually just highlighted my face and not my pores. I would purchase the full-size of this (although I think the sample will last a long time). 

Lip Glace in Rose ($25): I love this gloss. It's not sticky but wears for about 3-4 hours before it begins to fade. It also smells like vanilla and is a beautiful color. It is shiny and lightly shimmery with no detectable glitter. This is a great go-to gloss that can be worn alone or layered over a lipstick. I would definitely purchase the full-size of this. 

Overall, I was really impressed by these products. Of the five, my favorites are the highlighter and lip gloss, and I would purchase these and am now curious to try more products from this line. What are your favorite Laura Mericer products? 

2 comments:

  1. I have not yet tried any of the products of this brand yet but after going through your review I think that I would give it a try. The highlighter and the foundation looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for all Android smartphone users, as you might be addicted to Google Play Store to download applications onto your device
    blackmart apk

    ReplyDelete