Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild Review+Swatches

As much as I love UD shadows and liners, I haven't really explored their lip products, so I decided to give their chubby pencil a go, and picked up the Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild. UD describes this as a flushed, natural pink, and I like that the packaging is pretty true-to-color of the product. I also really like the size of this pencil. It's definitely thicker than a lip liner, but thinner than most other chubby pencils.

As far as the formula goes, this pencil is nicely pigmented with build-able color and glides on extremely smoothly. It feels hydrating on the lips, doesn't have any stickiness, and lasts about 3-4 hours before I notice fading. Though it sure is long, I think the name of this product aptly describes it. The only thing I really don't like about this product is that it isn't automatic--it needs to be sharpened. I hate sharpening lip products, but for some reason my favorite chubby pencils never have a twist-up (I'm looking at you, NARS Lip Pencils!).
0.1 oz for $20


Away from sunlight
Direct sunlight
iPhone
Although this product leans warmer and cooler depending on the lighting, I think it's actually pretty neutral. I think it's the perfect summer-pink lip, and I knew I wanted a little gold and teal to go with it. So, to complete the look, I paired a little MAC Woodwinked on the lid and Tarte Azurite Green liner on my upper lash-line. 
Completed look
Overall, I like this product enough to purchase more, and I've got my eye on Punch Drunk and Apocalypse. Have you tried this or other UD lip products? What do you think of them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment