Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How To: Make the Most Out of Foil Packet Samples

I am a sample junkie. I love getting (deluxe) samples with orders, as point perks, and as subscription services. The only downer about samples is when they come in those pesky little foil packages. You know, the ones where it looks like you can only get one use out of it? And you can't usually tell how you feel about a new product after only one use anyway. I actually cancelled my subscription to Birchbox over those kinds of samples. They made me feel like I wasn't getting my money's worth. And while I still wouldn't pay for foil-packet samples, I'm not as bummed as I used to be about getting them when I can get them for free.

I don't like throwing product away, and I know there is actually more than one use in most foil-packet samples, but once those are opened, they're difficult to store so that the product doesn't dry out and the packet doesn't make a mess on the counter (or wherever you might try to store it). So I like to stock up on 5 gram sample jars. These little jars (I got mine from Coastal Scents) can hold all of the product from a typical foil-packet sample, they're easy to store, and they keep the product fresh for multiple uses. With these, I am able to get about 2-3 uses out of makeup products for the entire face (foundations, tinted moisturizers, etc.) 5-10 uses out of skin products meant for the entire face (washes, scrubs, serums, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc.) and up to 2.5 weeks out of eye creams. 
Pack of 25 from Coastal Scents: $5.95


I like samples because they help me deicide if a product is worth my money, and I spend less than I would have if I had to buy it to try it. With these sample jars, I'm saving even more money in the long run, because I usually get enough time to see how my skin behaves with repeated use. This way, I can be even more confident in my purchases. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea!!!! I have so much samples and they are repeated so it a good idea to put it in jars!!!

    Would you like to follow each other?
    Follow me & I'll follow you back.. x

    http://bubblesmimii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete