Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Week of FOTD's Featuring the Lorac afterGLO Palette

I wanted to continue to play with the afterGLO Palette, so I used it everyday this week. I came up with some looks to share, but if you want to see my initial review, swatches, and Day 1, go here. Since these colors aren't crazy-pigmented, I did use my iPhone for all of these photos since my camera tends to really wash out color. This way, you can see the colors closer to how they appeared in real life. 
Day 2
 For this look, I patted the copper shade all over the lid, used the dark-teal color in the outer corner and on the lower lash-line, the lighter brown through the crease, and the white as a highlight. I topped off the look with some winged liner and MAC's Venus on the lips. In doing this look, I did notice that the copper shade had a lot of fallout, so heavy use with that color requires some cleanup or preventative measures (like a tissue under the eye while applying).
Day 3
 For this simpler look, I applied the lighter-brown shade to the inner half of my lid and the coral shade to the outer half. Then I took a bit of the deep-brown shade in my outer corner and lower lash-line, and used the lighter brown again through the crease. This day I used the pink highlighter, and finished the look with winged liner and MAC's Rebel on the lips. No fallout with these shades, but I did notice that the colors had significantly faded by the end of the day.
Day 4
I do love the brighter looks that this palette can create! For this look, I used NYX's Milk as a base, and applied the purple shade to the inner 1/3 of my lid, the gold shade (also experienced some fallout with this color) to the middle 1/3 of my lid and inner 1/2 of my lower lash-line, and the mermaid-green to the outer 1/3 of my lid and outer 1/2 of my lower lash-line. I applied the lighter-brown shade through my crease and mixed the white and pink colors for my highlight. I topped this look off with winged liner and MAC's Kiss and Don't Tell Lipglass. 
Day 5
So after seeing how well this palette does bright looks, I wanted to see how well it did demure ones. For this look, I applied NYX's Milk as a base and the purple shade all over the lid. Then I applied the lighter-brown shade a bit in the outer corner and all through the crease. I used the pink highlighter, and lined my upper lash-line (thickly, for me) and the outer half of my lower lash-line with Rimmel's Scandal Eyes liner in brown. To top off this look, I used MAC's lipstick in Twig. This look also significantly faded by the end of the day--more so than Day 3.
Day 6
 For the last two days, I wanted to see if I could get a smokey-eye out of this palette. First, I tried a brighter option using the deep teal color, which I applied all over the lid and blended into the crease on top of NYX's Milk as a base. I also dragged this color along the outer half of my lower lash-line. Then I applied the lighter-brown shade through the crease, added a little of the dark-brown shade into the outer corner, and mixed both highlight shades for my brow-bone. I topped this look off with some winged liner and NYX's SMLC in Zurich (for my review of this and other SMLC's, click here). While I noticed some fading by the end of the day, this shade did not fade as much as the lighter shades.
Day 7
For the last day, I went for a more neutral smokey-eye, and so applied the dark-brown shade all over my lid and blended into the crease on top of NYX's Milk as a base. Then I used the lighter-brown shade through my crease, and again mixed the two highlight shades for my brow-bone. Finally, I lined my upper and lower lash-line with Rimmel's Scandal Eyes liner in brown, and topped off the look with Tarte's Lipsurgence pencil in Glee. Like Day 6, this look faded some by the end of the day, but not as much as the lighter shades. These last two darker looks needed some blending as the shadows applied a little patchy, but were my favorites of the bunch. 

Overall, I really enjoy the variety of looks that can be created with this palette. While the quality of the shadows isn't out-of-this-world, I think the versatility of this palette makes up for what it lacks in pigmentation and application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment