Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A FOTD Featuring MAC's Sumptuous Olive and Vegas Volt

Hello!  Just wanted to do a quick FOTD featuring some MAC faves.  This look is pretty easy to do, and I've been loving the green/gold and coral pairing recently...especially with this Spring weather we've been having lately!


Face
Lancome La Base
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation in 810: Classic Ivory
Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 101: Invisible Matte
Tarte blush in Darling
Tarte Bronzer in Park Ave. Princess

Eyes
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
MAC Sumptuous Olive
MAC Swiss Chocolate
MAC Soft Brown
MAC Naked Lunch
Lorac Front of the Line Pro
Em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery mascara in Black
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 02 Black/Brown
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette
Maybelline Great Lash in Clear

Lips
MAC Vegas Volt

Different lighting

To get this look, I started by priming my eyes and packing Sumptuous Olive all over the lid.  Then I went in with a small shader brush and patted Swiss Chocolate onto the outer 1/3 of my lid.  Then with a fluffy crease brush, I blended Soft Brown all the way through my crease, starting from the outside and working my way in (so the heaviest deposit of color is on the outside).  Next, I took Swiss chocolate on a smudge brush and drew this along the outer 1/3 of my bottom lash line.  Then taking Sumptuous Olive on the same brush, I traced the middle portion of my bottom lash line (overlapping some with Swiss Chocolate and ending about where my lashes start near my tear-duct).  Finally I took some Naked Lunch, still using the same brush, and patted this around my inner-corner.  To finish the eyes, I drew a thin, winged line with my liquid eyeliner from Lorac (love this stuff!) and applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes. 

Last but not least, I topped this look off with my favorite coral lipstick at the moment: Vegas Volt.  What's your go-to coral lipstick?
Finished look

2 comments: