Sunday, April 27, 2014

A FOTD Featuring MAC's Plumage and NYX's Maple Blondie

I love the look created by the pairing of duskier, peacock blues with bright, baby pinks. And since I picked up MAC's Plumage not too long ago, I wanted to do my take on that type of look. To see what else I used and what I did, keep reading!


(Sorry to include an iPhone quality pic, but this shows the colors closer to how they actually appear before the camera washes them out.)

Products Used

Face
Lancome La Base
Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation in 810: Classic Ivory
Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 101: Invisible Matte
Tarte blush in Dazzled
Tarte bronzer in Park Ave. Princess

Eyes
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
MAC Copperplate
MAC Plumage
MAC Sumptuous Olive
MAC Woodwinked

MAC Naked Lunch
Jordana FabuLiner in 01: Black
Rimmel Scandal Eyes in 005: Nude
Em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery mascara in Black
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 02: Black/Brown
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette

Lips
MAC Venus
NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie


To get this eye-look, after priming my lids, I started by applying Copperplate to the inner 1/3 of my lid with a shader brush. Then, using a smaller, denser shader brush, I packed Plumage onto the outer 2/3 of my lid, making sure to carry the color into the crease. Next, I took Sumptuous Olive on a fluffy, crease brush, and swept this color right above my crease, blending it into Plumage. Finally, with a clean blending brush I made sure to seamlessly blend all of the colors. To highlight my brow-bone, I used Naked Lunch. For my upper lash-line, I used a liquid eyeliner and did a somewhat thicker winged line (compared to the size of my lid). And for my bottom lash-line, I smudged Plumage along the outer 1/2 and Woodwinked along the inner 1/2 and around the inner-corner.  To top off the eye look, I lined my lower water-line with a nude kohl pencil and applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes.  



For lips, I applied MAC lipstick in Venus, and topped off with NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie. Okay, real talk for a second. I'm not usually a gloss kind of girl. And even after all the original Butter Gloss hype, I still had no interest in trying it. The swatches never even looked that impressive to me. But one day, and I can't even tell you why, I decided to pick this one up, and now I totally get the hype. Since I only have this one, I can't say how consistent the formula or pigmentation is, but Maple Blondie is easily a favorite for me. How do you feel about glosses? Are there other must-haves in the Butter line or elsewhere?


4 comments:

  1. You look really pretty! The eye look is really gorgeous, and the lip color goes so well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors love the look. everything looks perfect! so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete