Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mini Taupe Shoe Haul

My name is Miki, and I am addicted to the color taupe.  Especially for shoes.  I've been noticing lately that every time I spot a pair of taupe shoes, I have to investigate.  Unfortunately, there have been two times in the past couple of months that I haven't been able to just say 'no'.  So today I bring you the manifestation of my obsession.

Audrey Brooke Barry Pump- DSW $70
 I don't know why I ever think I can just window-shop at DSW, but the last time I went, I saw these puppies and just had to have them.  Speaking of pups, Mina kept trying to be in the picture, but when I told her she couldn't be the star of this shoot, she settled for being in the background, daw:)  Anyway, these Mary Jane's have a suede upper and 3.25" stacked heel, and oh my are they comfy.  Miss Audrey really knows her way around a cute shoe.  This is my second pair from her, and the style and fit do not disappoint.  These are perfectly true-to-size, and the material around the toes has enough give that even with my bunion (sorry, TMI), these are still comfortable if I'm on my feet for hours at a time.  It's love.  
  
Lauren Conrad Ankle Booties- Kohl's $80 $32
These boots.  Yes, these boots.  These boots are the only reason I'm okay with summer not being here yet (Although I can't promise I'll stop wearing them just because it's flats and wedges season).  These have faux-leather panels on the back and toe, along with the belt-detail, and a canvas panel on the front.  The 3.5" stacked heels give nice height whilst still being extremely comfortable.  I've worn these on day-long shopping trips and my feet had no problems.  Again, these are true-to-size but with a sock-adjustment (I go up half a size for shoes that I wear with socks, so I got the Mary Jane's in a 6.5 and these in a 7).  The best part is that these are now on sale for only $32 (and Kohl's is always offering coupons for additional savings), so definitely snatch these up before they're gone!

Besides the color and comfort of these shoes, I also love how versatile they are.  These shoes can be paired with dressier, more feminine styles but also with super-casual ones.  Here, I've paired both pairs of shoes with a white, lacy skirt and my favorite distressed jeans.  And honestly, I can't even decide which way I like better.  What shoes have you been loving lately?   








2 comments:

  1. Audrey Brooke pumps are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And comfy and on clearance at DSW now! Go get you some!

      Delete