Sunday, March 30, 2014

How To: Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish in Wined Up $3 and Number Four Non-Aerosol Hairspray $30 (full size) 
It's been a while since I've had to deal with a nail-polish spill, especially on carpet, so when this happened the other day, I freaked out for a minute.  I hit the carpet with some nail-polish remover, but since my carpet is a light beige and the nail polish is wine-colored, there was a considerable amount of pink color left on the carpet.  I turned to Google, and found out that apparently hairspray is supposed to help remove nail polish from carpet.  I saturated the spill with some of Number Four's Non-Aerosol Hairspray (but I think any brand should work), let it sit for a minute, then scrubbed at it with an old toothbrush.  It was magic.  The color was completely gone.  To finish up the job, I just poured a little water over the area that I just hairsprayed, and blotted it with a towel.  Done.  I hope you never have to deal with the stress of spilt nail polish, but if you do, I hope this little tip helps prevent a freak-out like mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment