Sunday, March 16, 2014

Current Favorite Neutral Lipstick Combo

 At the moment, every time I'm unsure of what I want to wear on my lips, I've been reaching for the same combo of lipsticks from MAC.  Both from the permanent line, Twig (satin) is a soft, rose-brown and Viva Glam V (lustre) is a sheer, shiny version of Twig with a pearl finish. 

Viva Glam V front, Twig back

Twig top, Viva Glam V bottom

When I want to wear this combo for a lighter look, I tap (rather than swipe) on Twig directly from the tube on both lips, and follow up by tapping Viva Glam V on the center of my bottom lip (By highlighting the center of the bottom lip, you can achieve fuller-looking lips.  To further enhance, you can also highlight your cupid's bow, and/or dust a little bronzer right below the fullest part of your lower lip.).  Of course, you can always amp up the look by swiping on the color rather than tapping, or by building up the tapped-on layers.  


Here, I've paired this neutral lip with neutral eyes, cheeks, and even sweater (lol).  I was having a very demure day.  However, this lip-look would also pair well with just about any eye-look, including smokey eyes or jewel-toned colors for a couple ideas.  
What are your favorite lip combos at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I like it so much ^.^ I'm an English nerd too but I also study international relations. You're gorgeous and I love your posts! Good work!

    ReplyDelete